Get Over $150 off This Massive 8TB Samsung SSD in Huge Early Black Friday Deal

Samsung 870 QVO
(Image credit: Newegg)

When it comes to the best Black Friday SSD deals, we look for drives that offer impressive performance, durability and, of course, a great price per gigabyte. This deal offers that on a monster 8TB capacity drive at a mere 8¢/GB.

Right now at Amazon, the 8TB Samsung 870 QVO SATA III SSD is down to $682.29 after a significant $167.70 price cut.

Samsung 870 QVO: was $849, now $682 at Amazon

Samsung 870 QVO: was $849, now $682 at Amazon
The Samsung 870 QVO is a 2.5 inch QLC SSD that connects over SATA and boasts sequential read/write speeds of 560/520 MBps. The 2TB version is rated for 720 TB worth of endurance.

As you can read in our Samsung 870 QVO review, this drive brings small performance gains on an already speedy drive, alongside a long 3-year warranty, AES-256 encryption and an easy-to-use software suite.

It’s worth noting that this drive can only sustain 0.33 drive writes per day. In other words, you can only overwrite about a third of this drive's capacity daily if you don't want to wear it out during its warranty period.

So, while it's arguable whether you could count this among the best SSDs at this price, it's still a great choice for casual users who are looking to keep a lot of data on hand and are tired of hard drives.

Jason England

Jason is a deals writer at Tom's Hardware — bringing a decade of tech and gaming journalism to the role. He specializes in making sure you never pay more than you should for PC components and tech! He has previously written for other publications like Kotaku, Stuff and BBC Science Focus and in his spare time, you'll find him looking for good dogs to pet or eating pizza in his home town of Nottingham, UK.

• spongiemaster
    $167 price cut? The last time this drive was $850, was March. For quite a while last year it was $750. It's been $682 multiple times this year going back to August.
  • mrv_co
    spongiemaster said:

but... but... respect the affiliate link!
  • slurmsmckenzie
    Out of interest, does anyone know why there are no 6TB SSDs? I'd like to replace my WD Red 6TB data drive at some point (is quite old now), 4TB won't be large enough and 8TB is still a lot of money (Amazon UK have it at £618). I mean a lot of outlay BTW, not really thinking about price per GB or anything. In between the two would be what I'd want but they just don't seem to exist?
  • Co BIY
    slurmsmckenzie said:

Great question. I have wondered why no one has put out a 3TB SSD ?

Filling a marketspace with no one else in it makes a lot of sense.

My paychecks don't scale exponentially and I suspect I'm not the only one.
  • slurmsmckenzie
    Co BIY said:
    Great question. I have wondered why no one has put out a 3TB SSD ?

Filling a marketspace with no one else in it makes a lot of sense.

My paychecks don't scale exponentially and I suspect I'm not the only one.
    Indeed - I'm totally clueless in these areas but market-wise it would seem to make more sense to offer the 3TB and 6TB options with prices the way they are with SSDs and I would expect it to be less attractive to offer those in-between size options with HDDs when the price differential is much smaller (folks more like to think "oh well, wanted a 6TB option but 8TB isn't that much more...").

But I assume there is a specific / good reason...
  • USAFRet
    BlackFriday:
  • Alvar "Miles" Udell
    I can't wait until
    USAFRet said:
    BlackFriday:

More like

January: $499.99
    March: $449.99
    April: $499.99
    Black Friday: $459.99
  • Alvar "Miles" Udell
    I will say how disappointed I am that large capacity "NAS SSDs" haven't become a thing for the consumer market. Yes Seagate makes the 4TB IronWolf NAS SSD, but it's near $600, not something that's consumer friendly. I remember when this 8TB QVO drive dropped I was hopeful, but sadly it really hasn't gone anywhere in 18 months
  • USAFRet
    Alvar Miles Udell said:
    For a lot of people, the advent of streaming services has negated the need for big storage at home.

(as I look over at my NAS and its 65TB capacity)
  • slurmsmckenzie
    Alvar Miles Udell said:
    More like

January: $499.99
    March: $449.99
    April: $499.99
    Black Friday: $459.99
    It is this kind of pricing nonsense that always gets me, the classic "inflate the price for a few weeks then claim we're reducing it" tactic:
    USAFRet said:

(as I look over at my NAS and its 65TB capacity)
    Sure that's true, but still not sure why there are more capacity options with HDDs than SSDs? Probably related to that fact somehow though, and probably other factors too.